27 May 2006

Just need ONE thing....

Yeah how many times have you said THAT?

That was me this morning before my drive to Jersey - all I needed was a zipper and some thread...but there was a Memorial Day/Weekend Sale! Which means I needed way more than one or two things.
I needed piping for a nice detail on the blouse I am sewing ..and then I needed cording for something at the shop and then there was the quilting section....

I am not a quilter per say - I make the occasional baby quilt (yes Jeff and Martha, there will be one for you too) but not large quilts. One would think that I did, I mean with the evergrowing collection of Fat Quarters and random yardage of beautiful cotton prints. Smooth cotton fabrics - with that lovely nice weight to them. I love Amy Butler prints, along with Kaffe Fassett (very Klimt like some of them), and the Michael Miller prints are fabulous too!

I like fabric with a sense of humour.

Then there are all of these amazing novelty prints with a Retro feel to them - such as 1950's housewives doing laundry or baking in the kitchen. Or that swirly 60's groovy feeling.
I also like asian prints - such as geisha's and sushi :) - not necessarily Geisha's eating sushi - but you get my point.

So what do I make with these fabrics, you wonder - if I am not the big quilter that my stash says I should be? - Purses, sewing notion cases, lingerie bags, cloth napkins are so nice, tea cozies (can never have too many), Knitting needle and notions cases...and nothing at all....I think this is really when I need to say:

Hi. My name is Marietta and I am a Fiber-holic. It has been 11 hours since my last fiber purchase and I plan to make another one Tuesday morning. (Actually several - but it will be for work, aka the Land of Oz 'cause the building is big and green) Grant me the serenity to accept....nah, screw that! I am going Fabric shopping in New York City, baby! and you can't stop me (well my credit card company can, but that won't happen - i hope!)
How could you not want to make these lovely items!





Well enough for now! If i keep looking at my fabric fabric stores that are on line, I might just buy more fabric....and we can't have that - can we? (YES!!!!!!!!)

3 comments:

Corinna said...

you're so right marietta!
we NEED to get these fabrics!!! everything depends on that!!! ;)
nice fabrics do make life much more beautiful and colorful, don't they?
corinna

jill said...

Hell, you know I am all for empowering more stashables. And, being a professional bag-slut (as opposed to a ho-bag), I have to say that Madison bag is so adorable (or as my best friend and I would say, "It is sew doorbell.")

Petula Darling said...

I need a Betty Shopper bag!
Imagine how much fabric you could carry home in one of those...