28 June 2011

I Am A Robot

Robot Birthday Party
So, one of the crazy things that happened in the last year was Max’s 4th birthday party. I figured it was about time that I threw the kid a birthday party now that we were in an actual house that could hold more than 6 people at a time and he would remember it.

Max was, and is still, obsessed with Robots. I would like to blame The Backyardigans along with Star Wars and the Daleks for this craze of his.

So how does one plan and create a robot birthday party? You troll the internet for ideas that you can steal ,ahem, borrow and use for your own devious plans.

The list started out huge, of course. I had this fantasy that I was going to hang fabric – something sparkly and shiny and cover the table and floors in textured shiny vinyl…but Reality left a voicemail and said NOOOOOO!

So I contained myself with nice, simple decorations:
Robot Birthday Party

Thanks to 2 fabulous webpages Wendolonia and The Hostess Blog, I was able to create an invitation for the party and decorations.
(I am so grateful to those who are for craftier than I when it comes to the computer and Photoshop.)

There were lots of snacks and a robot birthday cake.
Robot Birthday Party

Betty Crocker has a “pattern” and video on how to cut and decorate your sheet cake into a tasty robot cake. It was a bit rough. I am sooooo much better with fabric than I am with cake. But Max loved it and that is all that matters.
BTW – Did you know that there is spray paint for your baked goods? Silver Spray paint to boot! (Where does that expression come from anyway?)


5 comments:

Allison Hicks said...

Macduff uses it in IV.3, but it doesn't give insight into the origin. (http://shakespeare.mit.edu/macbeth/macbeth.4.3.html) Must be older than Shakespeare?

futuregirl said...

Great looking party! :) Here's you're "to boot" info ... http://www.word-detective.com/091400.html

Marietta said...

new webpage to stalk! thank you Alice!

I should not be surprised that it was in McB - considering Shakespeare seemed to have invented half the english language :)

Gerrit said...

A Star Wars and Doctor Who nerd at age four -- a kid after my own heart!

(Though, as a slightly older nerd, I must point out that the Daleks are not technically robots. There are creatures in those buckets, you know)

Amelie said...

This looks cool, Marietta! And you're absolutely right -- if Max loved it, that's all that matters.