08 November 2008

Why can't i sleep at night?

thread

The last few months have been crazy and ridiculous and not filled with much sleep.
After much deliberation and stress, I decided that it was time to leave my full time gig.

You are thinking:
Marietta! In this economy? Are you daft girl?

Well, my answer is:
duh! of course i am stupid!

But (because there is always a but) I have been ...unhappy in my job for awhile. And not really unhappy, just needing to do the next thing. Needing to move on and grow as a costumier (pretentious SAT word) and develop other mad skills (like how to type and spell) Or verbesser the Deutsch
Financially, I'm screwed - and really who isn't right now? But (because there is another but) mentally I will be happy as a clam (...do clams smile?)

As i mentioned in an earlier post, part of my reasoning was for this guy:
halloween 2008

(Max as Luke Skywalker Halloween 2008 - and, no, he does not have a light saber. A light saber is a prop, not a costume. Props fall under Daddy's domain and Daddy did not get his prop)

The other reason is because of Fritz - who we shall now refer to as MR. Fritz :)
Here is Mr. Fritz's First Day of School picture:
1st day of school

Now here is his 2nd day of school picture:
day 2

Getting up at 5:30 am does not make Mr Fritz pleasant - nor does a nagging wife who wants a picture.

Fritz of the tshirt and jeans is now Mr Fritz of the shirt, tie, jacket and Dockers. He is now a High School Teacher of Technical Theatre.

My plan is a little vague at the moment - but I will be freelancing in the theatre world and in the knitting world a bit more.
Since September, I have built costumes for 3 shows at work, 1 dance company, 1 small opera, 1 high school show, another dance company assisting a broadway designer and building costume for another theatre on the other side of town. There might be something that I am forgetting.....

oh and raising a baby.

side note: yes i voted!!!! and i the lines were crazy long and i am thrilled i helped make history! i am really looking forward to the next four years and no, i idid not like what Michelle Obama was wearing on election night. So far that was the the only one total miss out of all her campaigning outfits.

4 comments:

Frau Vau said...

wow!
congrats to mr. fritz for being a teacher - he must be thrilled to be a part of what's building the character of young people! amazing :)

hope your plan will go well. taking some time to think and breather never is wrong. you go girl! ^-^
(and if you are going to verbesser your deutsch and come over here for a trip, don't forget to tell me!)

The Trendy Tailor said...

Fritz looks so lovely dressed up! Best of luck to you, let me know how I can help keep you in business! Maybe I can put a custom knit sweater in every show!

Krawuggl said...

I think you are completely right when following your heart and quit a job you don´t really love. And I also think you are so very full of energy and good mood, that you will never ever sleep under a bridge just because you´ve stopped working full-time. (Especially not with having such a smart husband) I beg you will soon be very happy and glad about your decision, while I really have to verbessern mein Englisch.
Lots of my very best wishes,
Suzi

Neomera said...

Wait, I think that I have completely missed something. (serves me right for hiding in a cocoon for the past 3 months like I have been.)

Fritz is a teacher? Is he not at the theatre anymore? I is confused. Although, I'll bet he's that teacher that people will remember fondly as being 'the cool one.' Mine was in physics, and recently found me on Facebook.